Sunday, August 03, 2008



I can't remember where I found this puffy plastic sticker, but the cultural collision it represented continues to fry my mind!

Remember Piels Beer? It's still around but for many years it was one of the regional brands that one could find in New England. It's perhaps best known for the great animated commercials the company had.

Piels was a working class beer and when I found this faux Peter Max promotional item I couldn't believe it. Someone how it seemed to be aimed at aging counter culture types who were potentially nostalgic over the beer they had while in high school. Right?

Piels was brewed in the Willamansett section of Chicopee for a while until the early 1970s. I often wondered if they used water from the Connecticut River?

© 2008 by Gordon Michael Dobbs

No comments: