Hey political junkies....this just in:
While some people run the Boston Marathon.
Ralph Nader will be running the Massachusetts Marathon.
And we’re hoping to put Ralph in the record books for most campaign stops in one day.
As a result, Ralph Nader and the Nader/Gonzalez road crew are in for the sprint of their lives.
Twenty-one campaign stops.
In twenty-one towns and cities across Massachusetts.
In one day – Saturday, October 25.
We’re hoping for a big Nader voter turnout in Massachusetts – where Ralph got his third largest vote total (6.4 percent) in 2000.
But pulling off the logistics on this one will be a minor Massachusetts miracle.
We’re sending a dozen Nader’s Raiders into Massachusetts.
We’re planning on having an advance team, a Ralph team, a van for the press, travelling musicians, and a clean up van bringing up the rear.
We need your donations to pay for rental cars, vans, gasoline, flyers, and multiple GPS units.
We’ll be holding combinations of press conferences, rallies and campaign events in: Boston, Cambridge, Somerville, Lexington, Concord, Waltham, Watertown, Newton,Worcester, Auburn, Springfield, Chicopee, Holyoke, North Hampton, West Springfield, Westfield, Stockbridge and Sheffield.
We’re heading into the Massachusetts Marathon with our heads held high.
To bring the word from one end of the Commonwealth to the other – Ralph Nader stands with the American people.
And against Wall Street crime and Washington corruption.
* Stop One 8:10-8:30: Vila Donuts 93 Main Rd, Westfield, ma
* Stop Two: 9:00-9:15 AM: Public Library 449 Front Street, Chicopee.
* Stop Three: 10:45-11:05: Federal Reserve- 600 Atlantic Ave, Boston.
* Stop Four 11:15-11:45: The Middle East 472 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge. Lunch Fundraiser: $50 Minimum Contribution
* Stop Five: 11:55-12:20: Tufts University, Student Center, Bottom Floor, Somerville.
* Stop Six: 12:25-12:45: Danish Pastry Shop 330 Boston Ave, Medford.
* Stop Seven 1:00-1:20: Energy Awareness Fair Meet and Greet. 251 Waltham St., Lexington.
* Stop Eight: 1:35-2:00: Old North Bridge 174 Liberty St. Concord.
* Stop Nine: 2:25-2:45: Waltham Location TBA.
* Stop Ten: 3:00-3:20: Water Town Public Library 123 Main Street Watertown.
* Stop Eleven: 3:35-4:00: Lasell College Newton 1844 Commonwealth Avenue room TBA, Newton.
* Stop Twelve 4:20-4:40: Ben’s Deli: 5 Turnpike Rd Southborough.
* Stop Thirteen 5:10 to 5:30: Clark University 950 Main St., Worcester.
* Stop Fourteen 5:40-6:00: The Coffee Mug 286 SouthBridge St. Auburn.
* Stop Fifteen 6:55-7:15 West Springfield Location TBA.
* Stop Sixteen 7:30-8:00: Nadines Cafe Lebanon 1390 Main St Springfield.
* Stop Seventeen 8:05-8:25: Holyoke, MA Location TBA.
* Stop Eighteen 8:45-9:15 Smith College, Northampton Location TBA.
* Stop Nineteen 10:10-10:30: The Lions Den 30 Main St. Stockbridge.
* Stop Twenty: 10:50-11:10 Sheffield, MA, Location TBA
I'll be at the Chicopee stop hopefully asking him some questions.