Our story so far:our blogger is attempting to post everyday in October about horror films. He's missed two days due to fatugue and schedule. He is a bad blogger.
Why I'm showing my nephew Williams Castle films for Halloween:
1. They won't get me in trouble with his mother. There aren't any objectionable images or hanky panky (granted I'm not showing him "Homicidal" just yet – he's only 10.)
2. They have some nice little shocks.
3. They have a sense of winking at the audience. The Castle films don't take themselves seriously.
4. They have gimmicks. In today's value-added world with no attention span audiences, they seem almost contemporary.
5. He'll get to see his first Vincent Price film. Soon enough he'll graduate to Peter Cushing and Boris Karloff.